Olive oil is a vegetable oil culinary use mainly extracted from freshly harvested olive fruit (Olea europaea) called olive or olive. The use of oil in daily life , both its culinary use as religious, or other common applications such as fuel oil lamps, accompanied mankind since time immemorial.
Olive oil has a historical tradition in Spain dating back to Phoenician times . It is believed that they were the who spread the cultivation of olives for the Greek islands to reach the shores of Spain over 3,000 years ago.
Qualities and properties of olive oil
The artisanal extra virgin olive oil was considered a medicine because of its natural properties and pharmacological action in ancient times.
It is the most beneficial for the human consumption and we can point out the following qualities:
- It protects against heart diseases, especially against coronary thrombosis
- It is a natural cure against ulcers
- In paediatrics, it is a suitable fat to feed the children
- It provides vitamins: A, D, E, F and K.
- A. Increases the human body's defenses
- D. Antirachitic
- E. Antisterility
- K. Antihaemorrhage
- It is suitable for preserving the skin
- Olive oil DOES NOT contain cholesterol because it is a vegetable oil. Vegetable oils, in general, and especially the olive oil are recommended for enjoying good health
- By consuming olive oil good health is preserved and strengthened