Homemade soap recipe
Wear protective glasses and gloves in all soap recipes.
- 500 grams of extra virgin olive oil.
- 100 grams of coconut oil.
- 10 grams of lavender essential oil or of your choice.
- 80 grams of caustic soda (use glasses and gloves when handling it).
- 195 grams of water.
- Place the water in a medium bowl and add the caustic soda until it dissolves.
- It is important to keep in mind that the mixture heats up and the water turns white. So let it cool down and set it aside.
- Meanwhile, you can add the oils and mix them in a large bowl.
- When the caustic soda solution has cooled down and rinsed out a bit, place it in the bowl with the oil mixture and combine everything.
- Then, take it by hand or to make it faster, it can also be done in a processor.
- When the mixture thickens a little and becomes soap, add the essential oils, and then take them to the molds. put it in molds, cover and let them rest for 24 hours.
- After this time, it can be removed from the mold or if it is still very soft, wait another day to do it. Then cut it into bars and remember not to wait too long for this, as it will get very solid and it will be complicated.
- It is important to be in a ventilated place to make soaps and try not to inhale the vapors.
- For the molds, silicone or plastic can be used. Remember to grease them a little to avoid sticking the soap afterwards.
Recipe liquid home detergent with natural soap for washing machine
- 40 grams of natural liquid soap.
- 65 grams of baking soda.
- 65 grams of borax.
- 6 drops of essence oil (from your favorite scent).
- Grate and bring the soap to a boil in half a liter of water. When it is undone, add the other ingredients and remove.
- Then put it in a bottle and add the rest of the hot water.
- To finish, flavor the detergent with 5 or 6 drops per liter of your preferred essential oil (lavender, lemon, mint, etc).
It is important to use between 100 or 120 ml per load of clothes since exceeding the amount of soap can generate a lot of foam and damage the washing machine.
If you want a detergent that helps remove stains, you can mix sodium carbonate with baking soda. It is important not to confuse it with caustic soda, which can burn the skin if not used with caution. Remember to wear gloves when working with these ingredients, as they can irritate the skin.
Recipe for washing powder home detergent
- 4 cups of borax.
- 4 cups of sodium carbonate.
- 2 cups of baking soda.
- 4 cups of grated homemade soap.
- Essential oil (optional).
- Mix all the ingredients well and store the mixture in a jar or a box and ready to start using!