Elaboration of artisanal extra virgin olive oil
- Reception of the olives once collected from the trees and transported in boxes to keep them safe. Then they are passed through the washing line to remove any occasional impurities.
- They are then weighed and taken to the warehouse silos, for later grinding with granite stones.
- Inside the house of Oliflix, is the heart of our craft, the granite stone mill, a key element in the production of extra virgin olive oil of superior quality.
- The mill is made up of 3 large conical stones that rotate at a speed of 13 turns per minute.
- Once the olives have been crushed, the paste is placed in a blender for subsequent preparation for pressing.
- The whole process is done cold.
- The crushed olive paste is distributed evenly on top of the baskets to promote a uniform pressing.
- When we manage to reach the maximum height of the superposition of the baskets and the mass of the olives, it is time to introduce it into the hydraulic press.
- This is the final step in overlapping the coffins and the pulp of the crushed olives.
- From the pressing results the olive juice, the extra virgin olive oil.
- The Oily Must resulting from the press is channeled into these piles and/or settling basins.
- This liquid is made up of vegetable water from the olive itself (alpechin) and oil. They are separated due to the difference in density:
- Oil 0,916 / Alpechin 1,052 - The result is that the oil floats because it is lighter and water stays at the bottom. This is due to the difference in density.
- This is the final result of all the elaboration process of our oil.
- Enjoy this beautiful ancient craftsmanship at home, enjoy the oliflix artisanal extra virgin olive oil.
- Experiment: We will need ½ glass of water and some oil. In the glass of water we add some oil, enough oil to cover all the surface. We will try to mix them using a small spoon and stirring well. Once this is done, let the mixture go down and see how the oil and the water separate completely.
Note: All the electrical energy used in the mill and in all the production of the oil is certified as renewable energy.